LaaS provides well-known and proven functionalities of LUKS as an encapsulated and central interface, with which microscopic services such as routing, running-time calculation, occupancy calculation and conflict detection can be implemented easily.
LaaS uses microscopic databases from LUKS as a source of basic data, which means that a very powerful tool for maintaining and managing microscopic data, including various import interfaces in different formats, is available and can be used by LaaS for data provision. LaaS uses all information for calculations that are also used in the interactive tool LUKS and can widely be configured using call parameters.
LaaS provides an http interface with which, on the one hand, calculations can be carried out on the data in the database and, on the other hand, on simple infrastructure data that can also be provided by calling requests. In both cases, the call returns a detailed document as the result of the request, which the user can use for a wide variety of purposes. Some highlight aspects of the LaaS approach are:
- Microscopic functionalities encapsulated and available as a service.
- Central master data server. Central microscopic infrastructure server.
- Central macroscopic infrastructure server using data aggregation.
- Server for layout and presentation information for infrastructure areas.
- Microscopic routing also for macroscopic requests.
- Re-routing for closed lines, routes, operation control points and other restricted availabilities.
- Detailed description of train runs as request inputs.
- Microscopic running time calculation with detailed lists of results.
- Track-specific, microscopic occupation calculation and conflict detection for all affected occupation elements of a train run.
- Powerful infrastructure editors and import interfaces for various external data (in combination with LUKS).
- Simple http communication (https on request).
- Support of uniform modeling, functionality and process implementation in companies, railroad operations research and timetabling issues, analyzes and projects.